• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

question about ripping-having problems...

Kottwitz-Graphics

I created a file in Corel, and yes it is extensive (it has 5 gradient fades), and the file size is 2,310 kb.

I have a friend that has a Mimaki JV3, and he has attempted to print it, and for some reason that file when it is ripping, expands to over 1 gig, which the computer just droppes the program.

What would cause the file size to do that? Is there anything I can do to make it smaller?

I did suggest that he take the one image, and rip it alone, and then tell the program to do multiple copies, and he figured out how to do that, but if you want to take that image and change the size in addition, can that be done?

Ok, that's confusing... for instance... image A is 12" x 12", and I need (1), and I also need the same image 16" x 16", and need (3), and then again 36" x 36", and I need (2) of them. Can that be done?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

gabagoo

What kind of file is he printing from? Although the files are large sometimes a tiff file prints problem free

SignsRus

Try exporting the file as a different type. TIFF would work

If still having problems. Export each different size you need in a different file

Best of luck

javila

What image file type, what rip, what resolution?

I know on versaworks you can't make mulitple copies of different sizes unless you bring in different copies of the same file ( if you want one file at three sizes, import the same file three times, nest, and size each one)

Jackpine

Convert the gradients to RGB bitmap then print. That seems to work for me and you get a much better quality gradient. I export as a bitmap or an EPS (if vectors are in the file)which ever is needed.