• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

question about versa works

signwizz

im trying to nest but when it does it, it doesnt nest the best way to save vinyl is there any adjustments for this or do i have to keep manually doing it !!!!
thanx shane

Artildawn

It nest base the the rectangular area of the image/object. To minimize vinyl usage, i recommend manually positioning the items in whatever vector program you're using.

I used to do this all the time in corel for banners. After completing the design, I'd duplicate the whole thing and break it apart by color, with each color in a 22" max height row (was using 24" rolls.). This also allows you to do some trade off by making decisions where ease of application is more critical and using minimal vinyl.

gnatt66

im trying to nest but when it does it, it doesnt nest the best way to save vinyl is there any adjustments for this or do i have to keep manually doing it !!!!
thanx shane

after i nest the jobs, i hit the button that rotate the jobs( i think it has an R on it?) till it stacks them in like cordwood. don't ask me how i figured it out, but it works. i print LOTS of small labels that get contour cut.

MichaelAlmand

At top right of page there is a icon that will realign it better for you. i can recall it right now but its in the top corner when the job window is open