• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question for Steph'

Chimuka

If I am happy with the rip &cutting from Flexi 8.6 pro. Would it be practical to subscribe toFlexi-designer basically to add the soft shadow feature, them outputit from the 8.6 production manager?

Steph_Stamm

If I am happy with the rip &cutting from Flexi 8.6 pro. Would it be practical to subscribe toFlexi-designer basically to add the soft shadow feature, them outputit from the 8.6 production manager?

Sorry it took a bit to get back to you on this. I had to verify the answer to your question with our tech guys. Because the soft shadow feature was new in v10, it cannot be rendered correctly in older versions, such as 8.6v2. So, having only one new Cloud designer will not help you print soft shadows. Your output software will need to be Flexi v10 or later to properly render the shadows. I hope that helps. Have a great weekend!

Chimuka

Thanks for the reply, it was what I thought. Even if the export could be done I figured the file would get too large . I have print SE version 5 for a mutoh as well . I suppose it will not do handle smooth shadow either,

My contour cutting I do from Winplot because to Opos cutting ( I don't think is very well thought out , although I could be wrong. ) so any software that would let me export , would work fine for contour cutting because I do not use Flexi anyway.

I mention this because third party rip programs seem to do a better job in the contour cut area than the Flexi/Summa (opos) contour cut option

Maybe I am out of date , did the opos option in flexi ever allow one to control the number of registration marks? Marks every few inches is not practical and to try to locate all those marks and is painfully slow.

I will have to decide what the worth of smooth shadow is to me, $600 a year? If my jobs were any more valuable then maybe.

Are you a reseller, because I do not have a dealer. Years ago Matthew Scher was my contact for sofrware.

Steph_Stamm

You are right about the FlexiPRINT Mutoh Edition and the OPOS marks. There are a few resellers on this site (Ciber Supply and GRS) that can assist you, as well as many that are likely within your area. You are also welcome to call us for assistance at 1800.229.9066. Don't forget, you have the option to buy full-license products or subscriptions, so you at least have some choices when it comes to gaining the soft shadow functionality.