• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rapidtac

Patentagosse

To RapidTac rep.

Why does my RapidTac gallon comes with mention "mfg in Kamloops, BC (Canada)" and not your other products?

Attachments

• IMG_3017.jpg
    IMG_3017.jpg
    711.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3018.jpg
    IMG_3018.jpg
    738 KB · Views: 131

JBurton

Signtologist
Hafta agree with bill..... back when Roger Bailey went on a rampage, day after day and wouldn't listen to other members or the owner, or the admins..... we aii agreed that it was a good product, we just couldn't stand HIM.
What's all this then?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like he mentioned, no need to ruin this thread and I don't really like calling someone out for dirty laundry. If necessary, PM and I'll tell ya. If others need to know, I guess they'll just hafta create a new thread and see if others would wanna chime in.

RapidTac

Merchant Member
Rapid Tac, love the stuff, Rapid Remover not so much. My question is do people really like Rapid Tac 2, I try it for large window frosting but find Rapid Tac 1 is better. The 2 was eating the glue on some cheap u-line frosting.
Hi Sky Bryan
Rapid Tac is the one you want to use on large graphics. Rapid Tac 2 is a hotter mix for colder weather aplications It will bond much quicker than Rapid Tac.
What dont you like about Rapid Remover?

RapidTac

Merchant Member
So is your problem getting rid of the greasy residue after stripping the adhesive? If so, rapid tac does a great job at dissolving it. I'll usually wipe down once with remover, twice lightly with tac using a new paper towel both times, then another with ipa with a new paper towel.

Question, I have the rapid prep too, but never use it. Does it cut the oils of the remover in the same way?
Yes Rapid Prep will cut the oils left behind by Rapid Remover i would follow up with Rapid tac..

RapidTac

Merchant Member
After using Rapid Tac and Rapid Remover for 29 years, my question is about Rapid Tac 2 (the green stuff) which came onto the market in 2016. Is it really better for large window frosting jobs like over 300 square feet. Not talking about small 2' pieces that I can just do with soapy water. I find the X-100 solution from Llumar Canada to be more cost effective and I'm just not sold on the Rapid Tac 2 which I have only used a few gallons of.
Hi Sky Bryan

With a little research X-100 solution from Llumar is designed for window tint film for tint applications on glass it also states that it has acid in the formula i dont think i would feel comfortable using a product with acid in it on a customers painted surface.
As far as using soapy water Rapid Tac is far more than soapy water. It is formulated to activate the glue on the back side of the vinyl so you will get not only a quicker bond but a stronger bond as well. Time is MONEY......

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
Hi Sky Bryan
Rapid Tac is the one you want to use on large graphics. Rapid Tac 2 is a hotter mix for colder weather aplications It will bond much quicker than Rapid Tac.
What dont you like about Rapid Remover?
Thank you for the clarification, any problems I had with Rapid Tac 2, was in hot weather. Rapid Remover is great I just don't love it as much after years of breathing in the fumes.

RapidTac

Merchant Member
What is the shelf life, found bottle half full at the back of a cabinet
Good morning Angry,
Funny you should ask that question just two weeks ago we sent out 15 year old RAPIDTAC,RAPIDTAC2 and RAPID REMOVER to be tested for shelf life.
We've tested products in house that were 15 years old and had good results.
I will post the results from the lab test when I receive them.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Roger took his posts to a different level years ago and pissed a lot of people off. Pushing his product on every other thread it seamed like.

Rapid Tac works great when needed, Rapid Tac 2 gives a quick bond in cold weather applications.

Rapid remover for adhesive removal works great but expensive..

I have application fluid in the shop but rarely
use it anymore.
Dry installations or rapid air/ air egress film now.

RapidTac

Merchant Member
So you guys intentionally shelved some 15 years ago just to test, or was it one of those "hey look what sam found while cleaning out the closet" kinda moments?
No we didn't shelve prod for 15 years for testing. We had a lable change 15 years ago and had some old stock that we sent in for testing with the old lable.

Attachments

• 20230720_081048[1].jpg
    20230720_081048[1].jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 105

Johnny Best

I have been using this for years, not as much alcohol in it as years before but for taking grime and dead bugs off the car you can't beat it.
It does have a strong onion smell to it. I also spray it by the pool to keep the raccoons from coming around at night.

Attachments

• pissoff.jpg
    pissoff.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 87