• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Re-Inventing

mameighan

My name is Mark Meighan
My Current Company is Omnia Imprints and as the name implies we do everything from printed banners, business cards, brochures and small signage to promotional products (my mainstay). I have also been doing a lot of campaign/event type planning from advertising and signage to day of tickets/signs/apparel etc

I want to remarket part of my business and would appreciate ideas for a name change (or wing of Omnia Imprints). I have a PhD in Biochemistry and often use the research skills I picked up to get my clients the right product for the job - I really enjoy this part so was thinking of incorporating the "Dr" Doctor" "PhD" part into the name somehow. Imprint Doctor is already done...

I also hold a Master Level in Martial Arts so most people know me that way (my second job is running a martial arts organization and teaching) so that might come into play

Would love your ideas and thoughts...thinking of going quirky on this...
Any help would be appreciated

Mark

Jillbeans

For the love of God, please do not put a "Doctor" in there.
(my pet peeve as we have a bunch of local businesses such as Dr. Waterheater and Dr. Tile and I think they are all cornier than a turd after a July 4th picnic)

Not to sound mean, but people probably don't care that you're a biochemist or a Kung Fu guy. PhD in the sign world stands for Post Hole Digger. If you are promoting events, and your brand is already well-known, I would call it "Omnia Events". It sounds much grander and all encompassing to me.
Love....Jill

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
(my pet peeve as we have a bunch of local businesses such as Dr. Waterheater and Dr. Tile and I think they are all cornier than a turd after a July 4th picnic)

Not to sound mean, but people probably don't care that you're a biochemist or a Kung Fu guy. PhD in the sign world stands for Post Hole Digger. If you are promoting events, and your brand is already well-known, I would call it "Omnia Events". It sounds much grander and all encompassing to me.
Love....Jill

This!

2B

Love....Jill

+1

The OP mentioned going "quirky"
  • event sensei

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It has been my experience, gleaned working with legions of PhD packing colleagues, that anyone with a PhD that wants to be in any way referenced by 'Dr.' is an insufferable a$$. Witness the pompous twit of a wife of the current VP of the USofA.

Such self-aggrandizement is most mercifully seldom seen in the real world that exists outside the cloistered halls of academia. Get over yourself.

mameighan

Thanks for the input folks. I never use the title doctor and only my students call me master in class. Several people have suggested I play on the roles but I guess the consensus is no and I am good with that.

Was just trying to come up with something catchy that people may tag on to like ninja promos or the like.

Thanks again, that is why I posted for good honest feedback