• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Real Estate Signs... Aluminum or ACM?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
You guys grommet your acm?

We usually just drill holes, never had them rip or anything... Except one time when some dumbass hung a 24in wide by 24 "Ryder," through it and we had a huge wind storm.

We don't get much windy weather though so maybe it's just not a problem for our area
it looks more finished with grommets.

gnubler

I punch grommets in the bottom corners too so they can tie it to the upright post if they want to. They never do, and I see them flapping wildly in the wind...future orders.

ikarasu

it looks more finished with grommets.
I think i like it better without holes because of our Real estate companies. Macdonald is as big, if not more popular in BC as Remax - They re-branded about 6 years ago... And now all their text falls within the grommet area. And being an "Approved" Vendor...we're not allowed to change the text placement without a sign off from a manager...We usually move it if a realtor asks, but we cant standardize it :( Below are 2 samples I stole off another companies website, they added the grommets to their proof - They moved the For sale apart... , something we're not allowed to do by default - But notice the bottom right the macdonald name gets cut off... It's the same on the hanging sign below it, I believe it falls in the "om" of .com. So a small .25" hole is the least disruptive VS a grommet thats .75" And takes out the 2 full letters. I think it'd look a hell of a lot better if we could just move the text, but our name is on their approved order form, 1 in like 5 vendors "allowed" to sell signs, Dozens of more shops still sell them... but having our name on their official order form they hand out gets us a ton of business.... so we're stuck following the rules.

It works in our favor though, 90% of what these guys buy are Alupanel because they don't like grommets cutting into their text. Whereas Remax is 99% Coro, and maybe 1% Aluminum for us.

1692856306089.png

1692856462025.png

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Thanks southpaw! Which vendor do you recommend for the pre-punched blanks? None of my TX vendors provide them, that I'm aware of at least.
We normally got them from Grimco, Reece, or N. Glantz, so I'd try sign suppliers. Some of the aluminum suppliers here in Georgia carry them, too.