• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommend an upgrade from current GCC Expert 24, budget of $1200 or less?

Bobby_M

I'm not a pro sign maker but we use a ton of vinyl decals in our product lines so we've moved vinyl cutting in house several years ago. I mostly cut small lettering and numbers, sometimes only 3/8" tall. We've gotten our money's worth out of the GCC Expert 24 by putting at least 1000 yards of Oracal 751 through it. The machine is still working OK but it's loud, slips, has tracking issues, etc. I don't want to wait around until the machine dies because we use it almost every day and will cause a major disruption in production.

Long story short, We paid about $400 for the expert about 3-4 years ago and it's time for an upgrade. I don't mind a 15" machine because that's all we cut but I'd like it to be a little more quiet, a little faster, and a little more accurate for less than $1200.

One other thing is that I would rather not having too much learning curve. Right now we design in Illustrator and use the plug in feature of "export to Greatcut". Open up Greatcut and hit output. Easy. If you can tell me what changes in this process I'll need to make with any given cutter, I'd really appreciate it.

Bobby