• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendation for a new print cut machine

Stormyj

Just another guy
Well, my old roland sc540 has finally went t up. Moved across the country and it was a bit neglected and now has dried inksand heads. 6 headsat 700 apiece and cleaning everything else, I think I'll just get a newer machine. So, what I need from all of you is recommendations. I think I want a 30" instead. Print and cut. No tied to solvent inks so latex or whatever is OK. Give me some ideas. Up to maybe 10 years old. What do you guys use. Give me some ideas.

Stormyj

Just another guy
BTW. Small sign work. No wraps. Normally do not laminate. Stickers decals magnets yard signs 4x8 realty signs.

Rmurray321

Well, my old roland sc540 has finally went t up. Moved across the country and it was a bit neglected and now has dried inksand heads. 6 headsat 700 apiece and cleaning everything else, I think I'll just get a newer machine. So, what I need from all of you is recommendations. I think I want a 30" instead. Print and cut. No tied to solvent inks so latex or whatever is OK. Give me some ideas. Up to maybe 10 years old. What do you guys use. Give me some ideas.
Roland has some nice deals now on their new resin printers, they’re about 15k with 3 sets of ink. Downfall is its print only machine. If you need the cut then check out the VG3 or grab an older VG2

MrDav3C

I have the SG3 and have no complaints, print quality is perfect, colours are vibrant & cutting is accurate. I'm sure other alternatives are just as good but would avoid the older SG/VG & SG2/VG2 machines as I heard there were a number of issues that had now been resolved with the 3rd version.