• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reformatting computer, need to make a backup of color palette in Corel

KPC

CorelDraw 12.

Going to be reformatting the computer this week and need to save the directory that contains my custom color palette. But I have no idea where to find this file and couldn't find the answer in the Corel help section. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

KPC

I opened the mentioned directory and see all of the factory presets but I don't see the custom palette.

I would like to backup the palette because it has many spot colors and the cutcontour color for my printer/plotter.

In the past when I reformatted, i always rebuilt the palette from scratch and that takes a bit of time. I'd much rather just back up the file to a CD and after reinstalling the Corel software, just replace the file from the CD to the computer hard drive and be done.

More information on the location of the custom color palette is appreciated.

KPC

found the answer to my problem and wanted to share it for others who search down the road.

C:\Documents and Settings\Name\Application Data\Corel\Graphics12\User Custom Data\Palettes

There should be at least 3 files in this folder

userinks

CORELDRW

CORELPNT

by saving these 3 files, then reloading them to the computer after reinstalling Corel after formatting, you should have all of your custom colors usable once again.