• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Relettering a RV with original how much you sell that ?

Guimb0

I have a customer and he want to do a refresh on is RV. The old decal was crack and fade down.
I want to make a estimate but im not sure of my billing.

This what I will do for:
- Remove old decal on the RV.
- Provide : create and print new decal with the old design because is discontinued.
- Install new one on the RV.

In this case the decal length was :
- (6x) 84''x13''
- (2x) 72''x 22''

He look for 1000 CAN$ but ....

I know is hard to estimate but just to make me an idea....
Thank's

joshGN

my advice would be not to put a $$$ amount on removing that old decal. That can bite you in the *** big time. I would make him remove it, or have him handle that part. Thats a can of worms you dont wanna open.

The rest is pretty simple!

LarryB

Run Forrest Run. I wouldn't touch it. Trying to match it up exactly will be very tough. Also the RV owner is typically retired and has nothing to do but watch you work and pick out every issue. Removal will be difficult and try not to damage the body. Not worth the trouble.

boxerbay

RV decal removal will be a huge PITA!!! Tell him if he wants to save some money to get a heat gun some plastic scrapers and scoop up a couple day laborers from the home depot parking lot to get it done cheap.
I would never put a fixed amount on removals.

heyskull

Walk away from this job, make an excuse, just anything as this is going to be the worst job you have ever taken on.

Removal of the existing graphics will be hard enough, which is made even worse by the usual thin original paintwork and the textures of the panelwork on this type of vehicle.
Not to be made any easier by the cheap materials the originals will be made from and the obscure colours used or created.
The word is "NO" on this job.
The only way I would be doing this sort of thing is if it was my own vehicle and even then I would be questioning my own sanity.

SC