• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Relocate 4 turtles in Florida

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
attached) and located 4 active and 2 abandoned gopher tortoise burrows. The abandoned burrows identified do not receive any protection and are a non issue, however all 4 of the active burrows appeared to be occupied. Any of these burrows that are located within 25' of the proposed limits of clearing would require relocation. Onsite relocation does not appear to be an option due to the size of the lot and the wooded (non habitat) area on the north of the parcel. The cost for the survey, permitting, and relocation will run $2,500 plus a recipient site fee of $5,000 per tortoise captured and relocated to the recipient site. Assuming the capture of 4 adult tortoises, we are likely looking at a total of $22,500 to complete the job.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like for us to proceed with permitting.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
A Family member bought a property and building a house.

4 turtles on the property. Need to relocate them…

$22,500

Flagler beach Fl

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

$22,500

Flagler beach Fl
Well, that makes sense and was quicker to read. Probably should of started off with that. Were they lovely turtles?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe you could get them to leave on their own. Lay down a trail of apples leading off the property. Once they clear the line put up some miniature tank traps to keep them from coming back.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"

$22,500

Flagler beach Fl
So are you asking for someone to take the turtles, and pay $22,500?
Doesn't FL have a zoo that would take them?

Boudica

Are you high?
Maybe, are you? You're posts are broken and don't make a lot of sense.... OP began with "attachment)" no attachment, but some rambling that made no sense. Then you posted two more short things, like you're answering questions not asked... I didn't see them.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
No,
Just cropped the address out at the top.

So to sum it up $22,500 to remove 4 turtles and relocate…

Boudica

No,
Just cropped the address out at the top.

So to sum it up $22,500 to remove 4 turtles and relocate…
That's insane. Sorry... For your family members predicament. There's gotta be a better less expensive solution.
Then again... New developments .. The animals were there first.

• Agree
Reactions: Lux