• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

remove old letters & install new- questions

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was just thinking about this and remembered there is a really fool proof way to get the letters off and ya need not worry about any glue or adhesive residue.......................

attachment.php

Attachments

• for glass.jpg
    for glass.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 133

petepaz

I was just thinking about this and remembered there is a really fool proof way to get the letters off and ya need not worry about any glue or adhesive residue.......................

attachment.php
so the answer is get a glass bong and get stoned before i do the removal? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope, that's a glass hammer and it's used for something very different than what you think..................................... :rolleyes:

ams

That is from Gino's personal collection probably has been used countless times.

Chasez

Window tinters use stainless steel blades because it apparently doesn't scratch glass.

unfortunately that is not true, the stainless steel blades will scratch the glass, you want the carbon blades. Also it depends on the type of glass, looking at the photo being up that high it would either be laminated glass or tempered/heat strengthened. If it is tempered pray that it is not the tempered side of the glass. If its not the tempered side or tempered glass you can use the razor blade on the glass, just use a slip solution and you'll be fine to take off excess tape/silicone.

To take the letters off I would use fishing line wrapped around wooden dowel (make a gareth) and use it to cut through the tape/silicone holding the letters on (use thicker line if the thin stuff breaks) then once all the letters were off I would use the razor blade to take off any excess tape/silicone. The whole thing shouldn't take longer than half hour to take down all the letters and get the glass cleaned up.

Chaz