• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

removing digital printing

jzorn

I have two lexan sign faces that the previous sign company printed the tenants information on. I only do vinyl, (not printing) so I have no idea if it's even possible to remove the printing on those faces. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

visual800

its possible to wipe with laquer thinner or acetone and then you would have to buff out the faces from them being cloudy or hazed.

Buy new faces and avoid the frustration. I have been there and done that

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it done with a flatbed printer, directly to the substrate....... by ANY flatbed, a razor blade at the right angle will do it, just fine. It's easy. If it's acrylic, just turn it over when you're finished, if it's poly, just be a little careful.

CanuckSigns

Buy new faces, there is nothing you can do if it is flatbed printed directly to the plastic that won't look horrible.

TammieH

What size are the faces? What is your time worth to you? The customer pays for it in the end. Should be a no brainer.

T_K

What's more important to you right now - time or money?

If you're not having to pay for labor, then you can remove a lot of printed graphics - after a long time and lots of work, and some expense on removal materials.

If you're paying for labor to remove it, or you value your time, then buy new faces and chunk the old ones. In my opinion, it's rarely worth trying to refurbish old panels.

S'N'S

I've removed print from 2ft sq Perspex faces with turps, took about 5 minutes and the faces looked like new. I was interested to see if it would come off cleanly before I ordered new faces...and it did.
My suggestion is to try a small area, you've got nothing to loose, if they won't clean off, then order new ones.