• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

replacing panel in marque

jaylem

Any methods on removing an old panel from an old marquee. Normally I find removing the side trim piece and sliding the panel out to be no problem. But today it was a huge pain. It definitely wasn't an original panel and felt like it was cut 1/32 too tall and jammed into the channel.

T

TonyC

Possibly....

I don't fully understand your question, but....... instead of pulling the panel from an end, I sometimes find it easier to remove the top (if possible) and one end retainer. I then pick the panel up and out of the bottom retainer. I reinstall by setting the panel in the bottom retainer, slide it into the remaining side retainer and reinstall the other retainers.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
Whether it is a pan face or a flat face. After years of sitting, dirt and grime will build up in the lower channel and be like cement holding the face in place. I sometimes use some needle nose vice grips to reach in and get a hold of the edge of the face. That will give you a little more pulling power. Also... the face may have been a little too big, but the guy who installed it, just shoved it in...the hard way.

rjssigns

Check all hardware anywhere near the track. Did one where a rooked screw where it didn't belong wedged the panel tight. Might have to loosen the track screws too. Had another where they must have left the screws loose then cranked them after the slightly oversize panel was in.

pjfmeister

we use a pair of duckbill vise grips and some scrap coroplast. I would be afraid you could break a face with regular or needle nose vice grips ....if still no go then can you push from other end or remove from the top or bottom?