• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Restoring from a Backup

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm taking steps to shift our local workstations from local backups to online backups and have a question regarding our preparedness should we ever have to reformat a hard drive and restore it from a backup.

We do not have any Windows original disks that I can find. Using our backup software (Acronis True Image 2016), I was able to make a rescue disk and with a utility app I found, I have also been able to recover the password ID for each of our Windows licenses. I also have up to date full and incremental backups of each workstation's hard drive.

My question is: Do I have everything needed to reformat and restore our hard drives should the need ever arise or have I overlooked something?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sounds like you thought of everything. The only thing I would add is to check your email settings. If your emails are saved on an external server, you should be able to recover them easily. If they are saved locally and then deleted off the server, you won't be able to get them back unless you back up your email/archive file along with all of your other files.