• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Revamp this logo without changing the look

SignManiac

Somewhat similar feel. Really think he should get rid of the birds. Less is more.

Attachments

• Butte Sand.jpg
    Butte Sand.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 96

jfiscus

Rap Master
Butte Sand Trucking? Sounds like a rough ride! :Big Laugh

Attachments

• bs-trucking.jpg
    bs-trucking.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 106

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
How can I change this with out changing it.? I think the font is hand drawn. I just hate that font and they have used it for eons. Any Ideas about a replacement font

You know, I don't really mind the "BUTTE SANDS" typeface in there, probably a little bit of crispness to that and it's quite nice ... especially since the mountains at the top are a little rough ... adds a little continuity. an oval designed crest would almost be ideal for a design so you could contain the mountains into the design with having the birds look like they are flying out of it with the tag line at the bottom then having an area to be incorporated without just being slapped on at the bottom in a box frame like it's an afterthought and is going to be printed about 80 million times so why not hurry and get it in there because it's good enough for DOT. I have an issue with brushscript ... so I would change that ... into something not script to provide continuity with the butte sands ... but I think any of the A&S scripts will be better than brushscript. Heck, use Lobster ... I haven't seen a design with that in it for a year or so.

and for the love of all that is unholy, limit the colors ... work in black and white, then give them an option for colors. that 6 color monstrosity doesn't do it for me

Biker Scout

The problem with those generic mountain vectors, is that they aren't technically Buttes. Secondly, since it's mentioning Buttes specifically, and the OP's location is listed as Yuba City, I'm guessing the trucking company is located near there... the Sutter Buttes. If it where me, I'd use the silhouette outlines of the actual Sutter Buttes to give it a more authentic and local look. They are very distinguishable rock outcrop formations.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
The problem with those generic mountain vectors, is that they aren't technically Buttes. Secondly, since it's mentioning Buttes specifically, and the OP's location is listed as Yuba City, I'm guessing the trucking company is located near there... the Sutter Buttes. If it where me, I'd use the silhouette outlines of the actual Sutter Buttes to give it a more authentic and local look. They are very distinguishable rock outcrop formations.
Back when this was first posted I started something along these lines.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-02-07 at 3.22.28 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-02-07 at 3.22.28 PM.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 95

Biker Scout

I don't even have it installed on my computer. (Along with a few other fonts I hate and refuse to use) If I have to replicate that brush scripty look, I'll bend and use Bermuda. It's just slightly different enough. But I've got about a million other awesome scripty fonts I'd choose to use instead.