• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question reverse block letters in flexi 19 ?

netsol

i have never claimed to be a graphic artist (isn't that the truth?)\
i can't figure out how to do reverse block lettering in flexi
(red background, transparent text)

we always do the text in adobe, but, surely this is like when i stand in front of the fridge and can't find the salsa?

weyandsign

Put the text on top of the background, select the background, then hold shift and select the text. Then goto Effects -> combine-> cutout

IsItFasst

Put the text on top of the background, select the background, then hold shift and select the text. Then goto Effects -> combine-> cutout

This is why I love this forum. Been using the software for 20+ years and never do it this way but it still does what you want. The way I normally do it is to put the two object over each other and use the "compound" tool. Menu: Arrange/Compound/Compound/ or Ctrl+M. I use both menus enough I have the menu icons shown around the borders of flexi but I just have my preferred way of doing things so always like reading other ways to do them too.

clarksigns

i have never claimed to be a graphic artist (isn't that the truth?)\
i can't figure out how to do reverse block lettering in flexi
(red background, transparent text)

we always do the text in adobe, but, surely this is like when i stand in front of the fridge and can't find the salsa?
I am on Flexi 22 but I can probably walk you through how to do it..give me a call 918-291-3411