• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RF-640 printing issues

heyskull

Of late I am seeing a lot of prints that look either fuzzy or with Reds than seem almost as if the ink is like when you get silicon issues when painting and it is sepearating.
Is their some sort of calibration and setup I can do as the test prints are perfect and the head has no lint?

Thanks
SC

damonCA21

The test print doesn't always show up problems as it only shoots the nozzles very briefly.
Make up some artwork with 1 inch blocks each of C. M, Y and K and print those out, then look at the edges and see if they are nice and straight with no fuzziness or overspray which can point to a failing head

cornholio

You need to go into service mode and the print a nozzle test. (You can find the service mode sequence with Google, I signed a NDA...)

heyskull

IMG_20230809_090708.jpg

heyskull

Sorry for the late reply on this one.
All the temperatures are as specified by the vinyl manufacturer.

SC

garyroy

For a test, try these 4 different Reds from your graphic program, see if they all band, or which one looks best.

Attachments

• Red Swatches.jpg
    Red Swatches.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 80

heyskull

For a test, try these 4 different Reds from your graphic program, see if they all band, or which one looks best.
I have tried your print test and they are doing much the same as my original print.
Please understand, there is no banding just the way the ink is pooling/sitting on the material.

SC

netsol

(1) not enough platen heat?
(2) too much ink?
(3) your ink chemistry doesn't get along with that substrate?

before we got the hybrid, i got a similar effect trying to direct print, running sintra through my roland sc545-ex (worked great! on styrene, though) increased pre, platen and post heat minimized the effect

heyskull

Honestly I have altered heat settings with no difference and if I adjust the ink quanties the colours are not correct.
My substrates have not changed in the last 5 years.
I am running Nazdar inks but have also tried another supplier and they both have the same problems.
I never had this issue running ECO-SOL Max3 inks but this was a few months ago now.
It is as if their is silicon on the material or in the ink causing issues.

SC

Costa Mesa Sign

Honestly I have altered heat settings with no difference and if I adjust the ink quanties the colours are not correct.
My substrates have not changed in the last 5 years.
I am running Nazdar inks but have also tried another supplier and they both have the same problems.
I never had this issue running ECO-SOL Max3 inks but this was a few months ago now.
It is as if their is silicon on the material or in the ink causing issues.

SC

Of late I am seeing a lot of prints that look either fuzzy or with Reds than seem almost as if the ink is like when you get silicon issues when painting and it is sepearating.
Is their some sort of calibration and setup I can do as the test prints are perfect and the head has no lint?

Thanks
SC
I have an RF and have found a few tips to keep mine printing sharp.

Feed calibration must be adjusted per media. Used the 'presets' option to save them for your favorites and remember to load them when swapping out rolls.

Always print high quality uni. Period.

Run the head height low except for banners.

Perform a medium cleaning periodically to refresh the damper.

Stay on top of manual cleaning and consumables.