• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RGB and CMYK at once in Corel?

Flame

Alright, longtime Corel user but I've always designed in CMYK... and now I want to design some stuff in RGB. How on earth do you bring in a RGB color palette to view as well as the CMYK?

You know, like in flexi you just open up multiple color pallates (sp?), can you do it with CorelDraw X3?

cdiesel

The way we do it.. when you export the file out (.eps or .tif usually) you can just click on RGB in the drop-down menu.
You can use the same pallettes (we use the Pantone solid coated and the Roland Color pallettes usually).

Flame

The way we do it.. when you export the file out (.eps or .tif usually) you can just click on RGB in the drop-down menu.
You can use the same pallettes (we use the Pantone solid coated and the Roland Color pallettes usually).

Problem is, the blues and black. 100% K, when exported, is slightly muted, not solid black. And the blues all have a greenish tint to them so I have to use RGB colors.

ChiknNutz

Traditional CMYK black is just that 100% K...if you want a Rich Black, you must add CMY as well (about 20%-30% of each is pretty good). Now RGB black is essentially C100 M100 Y100 K100...not quite but pretty darn close. Try it...create a black RGB object, then open up the fill tool and choose the CMYK palette to see what the equivalent CMYK of RGB black is.

Flame

Yeah but I have my printer set up so that 100% K actually prints a pretty nice black. Maybe add 10% of the others... but for the most part, I sorta trained myself to think of 100% K as.... black.