• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question rip error sending to mutoh, but not to roland

netsol

i am trying to do a couple seating charts for a good friend's daughter's wedding
they sent a pdf (possibly done in illustrator?)
fonts are not attached, (we can find them) so i allowed flexi to substitute arial, to see how the graphics print

sending to my mutoh vj1617h, i get a rip error, pretty quickly

i can, however, send it to the roland sc545ex

i would much rather print on the mutoh, but, not quite sure how to proceed

i made a request for the original file the pdf was made from

any other suggestions? (this is the end of things where i am a rank amateur)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try bringing their original file directly into production manager without opening first in designer. Production manager doesn't care about font permissions.

netsol

i opened in production manager & it worked just fine!
i never knew i could bypass the design portion

netsol

thanks, johnny
solventinkjet was correct, itvwas a fonts permission thing

when he suggested sending the file DIRECTL TO PRODUCTION MANAGER, i was confused.
i was mixing up the rip and print dialog with production manager screen, which has "add a job" & "acquire an image" options.

i am terrible when working in my design software. i am at my best, when equipment needs repair or modification

netsol

i guess it is obvious that if i am sitting in front of one of the design computers, it probanly means that lunch has been delivered