• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP for agfa anapurna

nicubila

We bought an anapurna mw, and looking for a rip solution. The main point hwre is that we will use the printer only for very basic jobs like printing text (on keyboards and other products) most of the time in black or white, so color management and any other special capability is not of interest.
Can you recommend some basic RIP that will work with this printer model? Wasatch for Agfa tends to get very expensive and really will not use it for most of its features.
Thank you

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Our agfa Annapurna came with asanti. I had a week of training on the printer, and a second week on asanti. Worth every penny, because the printer is paying for itself in capabilities and jobs, and as the production manager and operator, (me) the training has paid for itself.
That said... When my boss invests in new equipment, he gets/pays for the training and the support so we can hit the ground running to make money.
Three years later (with the agfa) and only getting be better and better.

nicubila

Hi Boudica, I subscribe to your approach if you are a printing shop or anything with a significant load. We have very little load but could not find any local reliable or/and efficient solution to outsource. We use printer less than 2-3% of the time, so the high investment in capable software and training for no color management and printing basic text is overinvestment. Just looking for a basic solution to have the job done.
How much costs Asanti BTW?