• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP is changing the file dimensions when processing? Why? .TIF versus .EPS

threeputt

I'm going goofy here, please help if you can. The same file sent to VersaWorks as a .tif comes out a different size (smaller) than when sent as an .eps.

What is happening here? Any help greatly appreciated.

The rate of "shrinkage" is 96% if that helps.

The value set in your EPS Margin field (Edit Menu > Queue x Settings) will increase the effective size of the EPS file (.25 inch added to all four sides makes the area referenced a full inch larger in total). This size difference only applies to EPS files, but not other file formats.

threeputt

The value set in your EPS Margin field (Queue x Settings) will increase the effective size of the EPS file (.10 inch added to all four sides makes the area .4 inches larger in total). This only applies to EPS files, but not TIF for example.

Thanks, But that's not what is happening. EPS files are not changing in dimension.

It's the .TIF files that are changing. Any ideas?

Is it possible when you saved out the .tif you changed the dimensions? When you save out a .tif it usually asks for rasterize options. Size, dpi, etc. Maybe you hit something on this end. If you open the files together are they the same size?