• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Rip software for FB550

MCaruthers

I just picked up a FB550 really cheap. I am new to the sign business and don't have a nice rip software yet. Is there a cheaper rip software that will work with the FB550 than what they recommend? They recommend Caldera grand rip or Onyx thrive. Thank you.

FrankW

With a Caldera or Onyx Thrive you will not only get a RIP-software, but a collection of basic printer profiles too. Thats important to start with, except you are able and willing to do profiling yourself.

You could get an Onyx Thrive 30-day full functional demo with which you could start (download at www.onyxgfx.com). Caldera runs on Mac and Linux only. I think it is important to start running a FB550 before investing in software: if the machine isnt in good condition, this could become a real money pit.