• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ripped-Paper Font

njshorts

I'm trying to recreate a logo, they want a font where the letters look like they have slightly jagged edges, like ripped paper... Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

njshorts

Need something to hand off to the client for their web designer, and I'm not looking forward to creating a new font...

MikePro

just used Death Font on a recent project, looks pretty good
link is a freebie from dafont.com

Picture 9.jpg
"since 1921"

2972renfro

Take it into photoshop, convert to black and white. Knockout the edges with a white brush tool and a rough edged brush. Autotrace it back into your vector program. No need for it to be perfect

mikey-Oh

Need something to hand off to the client for their web designer, and I'm not looking forward to creating a new font...

This kinda confuses me... why not just save it as a transparent png or some other web format? Why would they need an entire font?

thinksigns

SnowFlake
GoMedia has some torn edge paper vectors if that helps.

There are some fonts that are supposed to look like cut paper. Assembler is one. Not sure if it has the roughness you want.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-13 at 10.36.07 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-13 at 10.36.07 AM.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 202