• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rise of the Machines - AI Vector Tracing is coming for our Bitmaps!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Anyone turn to the AI dark side and check out the online AI bitmap to vector converters?
A customer sent me what looks like a phone screen cap of a logo - the cropped logo center part was less than 800 x 800 pixels.
Dropped it here:
It converted so fast that I thought it wasn't working.
49 objects - 1020 nodes including the text. It outlined everything and I deleted the extra paths with the 'find same' tool. I might have missed the 'don't outline' option in the converter.
Still struggles with text but there is no path editing of the graphic.
GURENTACAR.jpg

nodes.jpg

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I have not, but now I need to. I wonder if it's better than image trace in illy.

Christian @ 2CT Media

This is awesome, thanks for this! I just built an API connection for my automation and am testing it now. The manual tests are pretty great, although it doesn't like less than 2pt lines.

Thanks for the link! I just tried it with a logo I was having some issues with and it worked surprisingly well. I'll definitely test it out some more. I like the options when you go to download.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-18 082214.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-18 082214.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 89

Boudica

It's going to be a while before the machine will truly catch up to talent and skill like the Vector Dr. Simple stuff is one thing, but a lot of things just takes some know-how and intuition that the machine does not yet have.

• Agree
Reactions: TLG

gnubler

ANYTHING is better than Image Trace in Illustrator
Not according to some of my customers who think they're "helping" by converting low-res bitmaps using Illustrator. One of them actually informed me about this neat trick built right into Illustrator! "You don't know about Image Trace?" LOL His vectors looked like crap, letters all rounded out and distorted.

Boudica

ANYTHING is better than Image Trace in Illustrator
I wouldn't say that. We have Vector Magic, and Graphic Tracer pro, and I have found that the image trace in Illy is better than both of those. It's not fantastic, but its usually sufficient for what I need to do quickly. Anything complex, or that I don't have time to do myself we would send out to have it vectorized.

Boudica

this website is owned by the same venture capital group that owns vectormagic.com. I wonder why they have both?
Well, this new thing is still just Beta.... maybe they will dump vector magic once the new software takes off and it's no longer free.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
someone with access to vectormagic should try to run the some images through both and see if the results are comparable. I tried a couple images. It only worked well with a very high res clear jpeg file. 90% of the files i get don't do well using any type of autotracing tool.