• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland BN-20 Waste Tank Drain Cartridge - empty it myself?

Almonte

The Roland BN-20 Waste Tank Drain Cartridge costs about $50 for a new one. Are there any tutorials on emptying it myself, instead of buying a new one?

Thanks!
John

Almonte

I'm not sure if they're any different on this printer, but on our XC-540 we just pull it out, pour in a big jug, and put it back.

Okay, thanks. It's about 90% full right now. I was wondering if I needed to buy one before it hits 100%.

Mosh

Just dump it in the alley behind your shop...and see what happens!

Seriously, just empty it in a jug and then watch for old paint and chemical collection day, most areas have them a couple times a year, that is what we do.

Welder.man

With mine I take out the four screws holding the top metal plate on take out the pads and I put them under a press and squeeze the ink out, than put it back together and your ready to go again. Just be sure to line the cut outs in the pads up with the inlet.

Almonte

Finally got around to opening up the waste cartridge. There really isn't anything to pour out. All of the waste ink is absorbed into the pads that welder.man mentioned. I don't have a press to squeeze all the ink out. I tried putting each layer of pad into a ziplock bag, and step on it, but that pretty much failed. Are the pads sold separately? The cartridge itself is in great condition, it would be nice if Roland sold replacement pads.