• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland FJ50 problem service mode.

X86luca

Hello everyone I have a big problem! I can't get into service mode on my Roland FJ50. I perform the key combination as reported in the Service Manual but nothing happens. The plotter gives me the error: service mode is protected. I attach a photo of the manual and error. Thanks for your help. regards Luca.
IMG_20240105_130556.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240105_130620.jpg
    IMG_20240105_130620.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28

damonCA21

Are you doing it with the subpower off ? it should be plugged in and turned on at the wall, but not turned on from the front panel. Press the 3 direction keys together then while holding them press the power button on and it should work

X86luca

Yes, the secondary power supply is turned off. Then with the three keys pressed. I turn on. It gives me an error anyway.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
That is the key sequence Roland puts in their manuals by default. It isn't meant to be correct, only to mislead.

I'll attach 2 files later. Having upload issues. Your machine will likely use the old sequence.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Here they are... my internet sometimes gets really slow out in the country...

Attachments

• Roland Current Service Mode.pdf
    174.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Roland Previous Service Mode.pdf
    52.1 KB · Views: 51

X86luca

Do I need to follow this procedure to set up the 4-color CMYK printer? I was wrong. I reset the eeprom. Now it doesn't print well anymore. Dull and striped colours. I lost all settings.

Attachments

• IMG_20240108_140629.jpg
    IMG_20240108_140629.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 26