• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland LEF-12 UV Printer - Anyone Own One

gresults

I'm getting ready to purchase a LEF-12 and was wondering if anyone had one and could let me know what I'm getting myself into with it..

jrsc

I'm pretty sure I'm about to buy a direct color systems 1014uv. Saw it at SGIA last week. It just looks like there's so many possibilities.

scuba_steve2699

I just got one 2 weeks ago and am still testing / playing with it. Very impressive on what it can do and your mind will continually be seeing things and wanting to print on them.

I am working on some blog, videos, training etc. on it so please let me know if you want a specific test run etc. and I will try to help out.

xprinter

Roland Lef-12 impressions

I own this printer its been ard 18 mths now. It has indeed impressed me with its applications and visual results on various Materials - although there are several limitations when it comes to ABS-plexiglass Materials or especially metallic surfaces.
For many of thes cases you need precoating application prior to Printing since the absorption and durability is not there unfortunately. Otherwise the Printing goes off easily fromte material - even though UV lamps are used to stabilise on it.
One of my biggest disapointment is that ink is being spoilt by the machine itself throughout the automatic maintenance which is unavoidable so that ink does no stabilise into the pipes. UV ink being rather expensive till now - especially 220 cc ink cartridges for this model - I find it exhasperating to find out at the end of the month that half the Cartridge is being consumed by the machine throughout the unavoidable maintenance function of the machine!!

DRamm76

I don't think the cost per square foot comes off as expensive at all. Figure about 0.46 psf. If you're printing cell phone cases on an LEF-12. You can get 8 cases per bed. The bed is 1 square foot. That's also based on full coverage. So you're using LESS than $0.46 to print one bed. I don't think that's unreasonable at all.

I have done extensive testing on remote control devices and hard plastics and when tested against the Mimaki, Direct and Pad Printing the Roland LEF beat them all in durability testing. I have results tested out by a large distributor of these products. They would print the surface with no primers, hand test them for 3 minutes, wipe them down with 409 cleaner and wipe them dry 20 times, let them sit in a room of 85% humidity for 3 hours and repeat the cycle. Roland outlasted the competition.

It's a solid unit.