• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland LEJ-640ft Pinch Roller Error...but there are no pinch rollers

GrafexDesigns

I am having a strange problem with my flatbed that hasn't been able to be diagnosed. When doing through the setup sheet menu it gives a pinch roller error so you aren't able to finish the setup, which means no printing.

The hole for the pinch roller lever is still on this machine but it doesn't have any pinch rollers. I was thinking that the sensor still exists and is being triggered somehow?

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
I have the hybrid machine (without the FT) and I have pinch rollers. I can't imagine why yours would need it since it's an actual flat bed... Does it give that error when the vacuum is turned off??? Just throwing out a guess.

Scott at Roland

Hi Grafexdesigns - The pinch roller issue. I recommend calling in to our tech support line. The FT printer has to override the pinch roller sensor in order to "trick" the printer in to thinking that they are working. It sounds to me like your sensor or sensor override might be having an issue. I think this may be a relatively simple fix. Do you have a dealer locally that you can work with? If not, please feel free to contact "service@rolanddga.com" and see about getting someone out there to assist.