• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland RT-640 missing nozzles constantly

p_vassilis

Hello people,

we have a Roland RT-640 for a while now and for the past week the printer misses nozzles after 2-3 meters of printing. Also it does automatic cleanings very often, almost before every print, which doesn't sound normal. I attach an image of the printhead. It is very dirty and those little drops of ink worry me. Should I clean the surface of the printhead with deionized water? Is there any other action I should take?

thank you in advance

Vassilis P.

Attachments

• IMG00122-20180628-1233.jpg
    IMG00122-20180628-1233.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 622

Pitzu

Looks like you have a problem with the maintenance station. You might have to change it.
At this moment you should clean the wiper blades and cappings with cleaning solution. I can see dried ink contour marks from the cappings, and that is not normal.
The maintenance station (especially the wiper blade) should be cleaned daily, using a sponge swab and cleaning solution. Otherwise, the ink dries and it can clog your printhead.
Also, make sure that the printhead doesn't touch the media while printing.

Last edited:

Terry01

That head has been dragging across your media or material. Check your fans for any build up as it looks as thought you are down on vacuum.