• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sc500 print and cut problems

Red/Black86

hi all, i bought a roland sc-500ex and on the fast and normal print settings there seems to be lines in the print but when i change the print settings to fine or fine 2 or photo there are no lines and the print quality is very good. should i just not use the faster settings and keep on using the fine settings??

also when i want to do a print and contour cut around the printed logo the cut always seems to be too far to the right of the logo. now i have tried using the print and cut test and set up function on the printer itself and the feed portion (which is the top and bottom contour cut) of the print and cut is spot on but when it comes to the scan portion (which is the sides of the logo to cut) it just wont centre the cut line right up the middle as you can see from the pictures.

any help would be greatly appreciated as other than these little problems it is a fantastic little starter machine.

ive marked the cut lines in red biro as it is hard to see the cut line on the white vinyl.

22DA2056-FF80-4DD8-93B4-23DAABC4C1F8-3929-000005A5268F4CB2_zps2af85178.jpg

749372D1-BD59-4B5C-9852-04620973B4B3-3929-000005A58123BE66_zpsef46bf3b.jpg

cheers

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

anozira02

Use Print/Cut Adjust in service mode, you can adjust the Scan in increments no more than 5mm at a time

Do the following to get in Service mode with printer turned off at the panel.. push the up key ◄ ► then the left key, next the right, key next the bottom key..

after that push left, down, right keys..
Next again while holding down left, down, right, keys
applying light even pressure to all 3 keays at the same time push the sub power switch
to turn on the printer...This should get you in the Service Mode....I took me about 7-8 trials before I got the hang of it...Good luck!

anozira02

Use Print/Cut Adjust in service mode, you can adjust the Scan in increments no more than 5mm at a time
--▲
◄ -► (pay no attention to the lines)
--▼
Do the following to get in Service mode with printer turned off at the panel.. push the up key, then the left key, next the right, key next the bottom key..

after that push left, down, right keys..
Next again while holding down left, down, right, keys
applying light even pressure to all 3 keys at the same time push the sub power switch
to turn on the printer...This should get you in the Service Mode....I took me about 7-8 trials before I got the hang of it...Good luck!

Red/Black86

hi thank you for your help but when i try to access the service mode i get this message on the lcd panel "Service mode is protected" is there any way to overcome this issue??

cheers

Ken

Red/Black86

Finally got into the service mode and after a bit of tweaking it is now cutting right on the print line.

Thank you very much for your help anozira02 your help was much appreciated.

cheers

Ken