• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SG-540 Help

Kilowatt

Okay so I am in a situation where we need to unplug our printer/cutter and put into storage for an extended period. How do we shutdown properly and do we need to flush the ink out so it wont dry in the hoses? How do I do that? I can't find anything for the SG-540. Please help?!?!

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I think you can do empty mode from the sub menu - Ink Control. Not sure if that would work though. It may be as mentioned above, you might need a tech to come in and do it as the service menu is locked and only tech accessible when you do the update for TR2 inks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't work on the SG series but has anyone ever tried to manually flush the machine without service mode? I know it's possible on the older Rolands. Might be the only way to do it without a tech.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
I don't work on the SG series but has anyone ever tried to manually flush the machine without service mode? I know it's possible on the older Rolands. Might be the only way to do it without a tech.
The pressure pumps would likely keep the cleaning fluid from passing through - they default to a closed position when not pumping. You'd need to buy the cleaning cartridges anyway. I suppose you could put them in and try syringing from below the cap tops to see if you get any flow. Just don't pull too hard if there's strong resistance.