• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540V VersaCamm printing problem

meb

Trying to print a customers job on vinyl. We've tried running LG brand gloss calendered vinyl as well as cast in 54" & 30". The sign is actually just large block lettering that has a gradient fill ranging from dark to medium green tones - pretty simple, not alot of coverage. The customer supplied us with a cmyk pdf. The problem is that no matter which way we turn the design the streeks are still running in the direction that the media is fed. We've tried changing media but it's still printing with faded areas of color. The pattern is not the same in any print and it does'nt seem to line up with the rollers or anything obvious.
Also tried to adjust the heat and vaccum settings but not having any luck.
Maybe it's just time for a service call.
Also preformed a full cleaning just to make sure.:help

Any other suggestions would be helpful seeing as this job is on a tight deadline. But . . . no pressure . . . ha haha!

BobbyFosson

Heater Settings along with Profile.

I use the (RIPC)PCV2 Profile in Versaworks with the heaters set to 37, 40, 50

See if this helps at all.

What version of LG Gloss are you printing on?

Last edited:

ProColorGraphics

I have had the best luck using the "PCGV" profile. I think that is what it is. I might have a couple letters mixed up. It is the Premium Cast Glossy Vinyl. It works the best on everything for me on my VP-540.

I took a couple of different files and printed them on different media with about 10 different VW profiles each to see what profile looked the best.

BobbyFosson

You will always sacrifice one or the other; speed or quality.

I only use the High Quality on clear vinyl/static cling or backlit.

To get the best prints on clear & static cling use the Overprint option (set to 2) and you'll see a much better print when holding up to the light. As a second option you may also double print...both work great for making the prints not look "washed out".