• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaART Re-640 or HP L260 latex printer, about to get one, which one???????

tmar

I am about to pick one of these up... It will be my first printer so I am on the fence on which one to get. Im looking to print banners, car wraps, decals etc.... I already have a cutter..... What are your personal opinions on both of these printers? I am getting ready to purchase one today or tomorrow.

2B

there are countless threads on the differences between Eco-Sol vs Latex

we run VS-640s here, and very happy with the results.

tmar

there are countless threads on the differences between Eco-Sol vs Latex

we run VS-640s here, and very happy with the results.

Yes, I have seen the threads. But some of them are kinda old. I want to hear opinions on most recent uses. I personally like them both but I cant take them both home lol. I guess my question would be more of ink costs, maintenance, reliability, quality etc.

tomence

I will just say the Roland is way easier to work with, other than that it is just preference eco sol vs latex. Dealer support should be your number one priority.

FrankW

I will just say the Roland is way easier to work with ...

I would not agree. With the HP, you do not need to care for feed adjustment, if the media runs straight or not, head- or bidirectional print adjustment and so on. And most of the consumables are easy to replace from the user itself,as the printheads too.

rmcginn

RE-640 uses a standard household electrical outlet where L260 requires a 4.8kW 220v connection.

Power specifications
NOTE: An electrician is required for the setup and configuration of the building electrical system used to power the printer and also for printer installation. Make sure that your electrician is appropriately certified according to local regulations and supplied with all the information regarding the electrical configuration.

Your printer requires that the following electrical components be supplied and installed by the customer, according to the National Electrotechnical Code (NEC).
Outside JapanJapan only
Number of power cords22
Input voltage220-240 V~ (-10%+6%)200V (-10%+10%)
Input frequency50 / 60 Hz50 / 60 Hz
Power consumption4.8 kW (overall consumption for both power cords)4.8 kW (overall consumption for both power cords)
Maximum load current (per power cord)15 A15 A

rjssigns

I will just say the Roland is way easier to work with, other than that it is just preference eco sol vs latex. Dealer support should be your number one priority.

I'm burning out on the "Which one to buy threads", and Tomence nailed it. Everyone turns it into a 3rd grade schoolyard contest. Mine can do this. Oh yeah?! Well mine is better because it can do this!

No one EVER talks about speed of service when something goes horribly wrong. And it will.

3 things you need to know about buying a printer. 1) Service 2) Service 3) Service. Buy the printer that has qualified techs minutes from your shop. Not hours. Not days. I learned a $15,000 lesson looking for the deal instead of being concerned about service.

Even if you have to spend more for a printer to get same day service do it.

TXFB.INS

I'm burning out on the "Which one to buy threads", and Tomence nailed it. Everyone turns it into a 3rd grade schoolyard contest. Mine can do this. Oh yeah?! Well mine is better because it can do this!

No one EVER talks about speed of service when something goes horribly wrong. And it will.

3 things you need to know about buying a printer. 1) Service 2) Service 3) Service. Buy the printer that has qualified techs minutes from your shop. Not hours. Not days. I learned a $15,000 lesson looking for the deal instead of being concerned about service.

Even if you have to spend more for a printer to get same day service do it.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

all the machines have pros/cons it boils down to consistency and having the tech service ASAP so when it does go down you are not loosing money