• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaCAMM VP-300 time waste troubles and more

CGeneste

Hi,

I looked for weird troubles (understanding : a significant waste of time) on Signs101 Forum but... Nothing similar.

To explain the troubles, first I have to describe my office affected area.

The Hardwares :

- Local Area Network / Switch, etc...
- 1 PC : HP Z200 Workstation
- 3 Apple : iMac Intel Core i7 / 2.8 GHz / Ram DD3 8 Gb / OSX v10.7.3
- 1 HP DesignJet L25500 (TCP/IP)
- 1 Roland VersaCAMM VP-300 (TCP/IP)
- 1 Summa S140 (USB on HP Z200)

The Softwares (with associated Material):

- Wasatch SoftRIP v6.8 HP Edition (HP Z200 Workstation + HP DJ L25500)
- Roland VersaWorks v2.20 (Windows XP Virtual Machine / inside iMac)
- Adobe Suite CS5

The Troubles :

Actually, I can't directly print from any iMac to any Trace/Cut Peripherals (except for the Roland, but

we'll show his problem next).
I have to send my files (usually ".eps") thru a share folder into the HP Z200 Workstation, then moving in

front of the HP Z200, openning the file with Wasatch, placing, configuring and finally printing or

cutting the file.
The HP Technician who setuped this uneffective configuration, says that's the most efficient

at this time, and there is no way to do better.
So, if you have a Mac only solution (without virtual machine), I'll be very very... happy.

For the Roland VersaCAMM VP-300, I have to use VersaWorks on the Windows XP installed inside my iMac. A different trouble than previous, but inefficient too.

My Wishes (Signs101 isn't Santa Claus, but I try anyway) :

I'd like to do all my work from my iMac or any of the iMac for this kind of job (printing/cutting), any solution will be welcome. Thank you for the help.

Charlie

PS: please be lenient, I know I don't write a very good english.

CGeneste

Thank you very much CiberSupply, I've just mailed Caldera 10 mn ago.

Their products seems realy effective (never heard about it before).