• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versacamm VS-540i using only 4 channels

kerkurgel

Is there a possibility to use only the 4 channels? Printhead has 8 channels, 4 channels are fine complete cmyk the other 4 is not. Technician said need to replace the head. I wonder if we could use only those good channels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45

damonCA21

There sort of is. You will need to disconnect the dampers from the bad head so no ink will fire from them. Then when you print, print in high quality and set it in versaworks to overprint 2 times. This isn't ideal but sometimes can give a decent printed result depending on what work you are doing. It's a bit of a bodge though and really you should replace the head.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
There sort of is. You will need to disconnect the dampers from the bad head so no ink will fire from them. Then when you print, print in high quality and set it in versaworks to overprint 2 times. This isn't ideal but sometimes can give a decent printed result depending on what work you are doing. It's a bit of a bodge though and really you should replace the head.
How would you stop the ink from going through, and frying everything, as the VS-540i only has 1 head, but 8 channels.

damonCA21

How would you stop the ink from going through, and frying everything, as the VS-540i only has 1 head, but 8 channels.
You remove the dampers from the head ( not from the ink lines ) and block them off. Like I say, its a bodge, but it can work. Obviously you can't just leave them open as they will drip ink everywhere !

damonCA21

I did do this as a temporary fix on a VS300 and the print was ok as long as you overprinted in high quality. It was just to keep the printer running until the new head arrived though