• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VersaWorks printer not connected even though it is connected (VersaWorks Windows 11)

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
Hi,
I am having an issue with my Roland Printer and VersaWorks. Apparently, I had to fix my Network Settings on my computer and reset all network settings because my internet was not working right. And it ended up disabling the ethernet connection to VersaWorks. The ethernet cable is plugged in from my computer to the printer. However, it says "not connected." Also, when I go to verify the printer, it says "device not found or status not acquired correctly from the device." I have tried configuring my IP addresses from the printer to the computer. But it still won't find the device.

Here is what VersaWorks is doing:
versa.png

device.png

When I do the Roland Addresses, here's what I have created through control panel and Roland Screen:
ip.png

IMG_1263.jpg

When I pull up the CMD and do ipconfig, here is my ethernet addresses:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::482e:fb92:7e2e:2113%12
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address . . : 169.254.236.102
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 225.225.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . :

Is there a way to fix this issue and reconnect the printer to the computer?

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
On the printer control panel - it doesn't know where it is. Assuming your PC can connect to the network.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
192.168.5.150 is the address for the device you set it for.
Now both your PC and Roland is set for same address and there is a conflict.

Set Roland to 192.168.5.151 ex. and try again.

Its like a street, you need a different address for every house.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Stupid question, but have you restarted your Printer and Computer, as I used to have a similar issue when I had a switch and would need to restart both my Versaworks / sometimes computer and the printer, then it would work again.

trafficbarriersolutions

Somehow it connected back to it unexpectedly, I don't know how, but the control panel Subnet Mask is different compared to the Subnet Mask on the printer. The IP addresses remain the same.

device.png

ip config.png
IMG_1264.jpg

Both IP addresses are the same. But the Subnet Masks are different. I'm assuming this fixed the issue or if it was the other way around like the IP addresses need to be different and the Subnet Masks need to be the same.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
That didn't really fix the issue. You still can't have same address for two device.

My guess, your PC saw the conflict and picked another address in the 169.254.236. "error" range.

If you now again check ipconfig it might shine some light on it.

trafficbarriersolutions

That didn't really fix the issue. You still can't have same address for two device.

My guess, your PC saw the conflict and picked another address in the 169.254.236. "error" range.

If you now again check ipconfig it might shine some light on it.
Something fixed the issue but I wish I could give a specific answer as to why it fixed. I just don't know how it did.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician

Go back to these settings and change your subnet mask back to 255.255.255.0. Basically the subnet mask will restrict where you device looks when trying to connect. Changing it to 255.255.0.0 just means that you're looking through a lot more addresses to find the printer. (Theoretically slowing down your connection, but probably not so you could notice.) You could shorten the range even more by increasing the number in the last group of digits. Google subnet calculator if you want get into this deeper.

Good luck

MrDav3C

We use a bit of software called intercon net tool which I believe is free and readily available on the internet. This has helped us restablish a connection between windows / versa works with our printer on numerous occasions.

netsol

you were displaying an ipv6 address.
in the ethernet adapter ethernet window, your subnet is gibberish
you show 225.225.0.0
someone mistyped

ip shoul be 192.168.5.150 for printer
subnet is 255.255.255.0 (this mask determines what range of other devices you are capable of seeing)
gateway is 192.168.5.1. (if there is a gateway, [a path to internet])

find that 225.225.0.0 subnet and change it, then restart pc & printer.
it couldn't hurt to restart EVERYTHING (fios or cable modem, if you have one, router or network switch [whatever pc & printer are plugged into])
you are pointing network traffic to a non-existent network space

if it doesn't work after changing subnet & restarting all, PM me, i will take 15 minutes and talk you through it

KGraphics

I am also having this issue after an interruption to my internet. It will not connect. Got a new ethernet cable it is says the cable is "disabled" in the computer network settings. Number son the IPV sub net and gateway match both printer and computer. Anyone have any suggestions to help here?

netsol

the computer is 192.168.5.150
subnet is 255.255.255.0

printer needs to be 192.168.5.xxx (anything except .1 0r .150 as they are already taken

if you are disabled, go to the control panel
network and internet
network & sharing
change adapter settings
right click ethernet adapter & enable

KGraphics

the computer is 192.168.5.150
subnet is 255.255.255.0

printer needs to be 192.168.5.xxx (anything except .1 0r .150 as they are already taken

if you are disabled, go to the control panel
network and internet
network & sharing
change adapter settings
right click ethernet adapter & enable
The problem I am having is that the computer IP address that was in versaworks prior to my router reset is not a 192.xxx.xxx.xxx number. It's this. And the ethernet is enabled but states that it is not connected, and while I did replace the ethernet cable hoping that might resolve the issue, all connections are the same as they were prior to the reset of the router. (see images below)
1.1.jpg
1.2.jpg

KGraphics

I did change the IP to a new number on the printer and in versaworks and it shows "Ready to Print" when in the verify portion but still shows "not connected" on the side in versaworks
1.3.jpg