• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VP540 new print heads but blue not printing correct

Flippnswtichez

I just replaced all the heads, caps, and dampers on this. But I can not get blue to print correctly. I have changed out the damper again to see if that would help. I tried adjusting the head some. It is always the same tho.. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20210421_115304.jpg
    20210421_115304.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 246

Flippnswtichez

I just replaced all the heads, caps, and dampers on this. But I can not get blue to print correctly. I have changed out the damper again to see if that would help. I tried adjusting the head some. It is always the same tho.. Any ideas?
Man, I stumped. Any suggestions at all out there?

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Looks like something might have brushed the head face and clogged the nozzles. Try a head soak and then pull ink from the captop with a syringe.

Flippnswtichez

Looks like something might have brushed the head face and clogged the nozzles. Try a head soak and then pull ink from the captop with a syringe.

I have tried the syringe and a head soak for a few hours. Maybe a 24hr soak?

This is my first machine so I far from an expert. I found it odd that the dropped lines are ALWAYS exactly the same on a test print. So I thought maybe I was missing something.

Flippnswtichez

I have tried the syringe and a head soak for a few hours. Maybe a 24hr soak?

This is my first machine so I far from an expert. I found it odd that the dropped lines are ALWAYS exactly the same on a test print. So I thought maybe I was missing something.

So I have done several powerful cleaning. Tried pulling ink threw and a head soak. And still have the exact same results. Any more ideas on what I can try?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Are the caps you replaced Roland OEM caps? If not, try swapping the magenta and cyan caps and see what happens. Aftermarket caps are very hit and miss.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I hate to say it but the C head is probably toast even though it is new. Something damaged the face and you are not going to recover it.

Keep in mind some things about the clean. Normal Clean uses the ink in just the head, Medium Clean uses the ink in the head and the damper, Powerful Clean uses the ink in all the above and the ink lines. There isnt anything special that one does more than another, other than use more ink.

Flippnswtichez

I hate to say it but the C head is probably toast even though it is new. Something damaged the face and you are not going to recover it.

Keep in mind some things about the clean. Normal Clean uses the ink in just the head, Medium Clean uses the ink in the head and the damper, Powerful Clean uses the ink in all the above and the ink lines. There isnt anything special that one does more than another, other than use more ink.

Man, I hope not. Nothing appears damaged on it. There isn't any marking or anything on it.

Flippnswtichez

When you pull with a syringe from the Cyan cap while the head is capped, does ink flow into the syringe?

Ink is pulling with any cap I have used. I tried an amazon one, an oem, and swapped one from magenta. When it prints it is always the exact same lines that are dropped out.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Grasping at straws here but you could try swapping the printhead cables from another head and see if it is that. 99% of the time though if a cable is bad the head wont fire or just runs wide open.

Flippnswtichez

Grasping at straws here but you could try swapping the printhead cables from another head and see if it is that. 99% of the time though if a cable is bad the head wont fire or just runs wide open.

Thank you, I appreciate the idea. I actually did try that I was thinking along the same lines and still no luck. :-/