• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP540i replacement belt needed in Cairns, Australia!

snuzzy

Hi! We've got a Roland VP540i printer / cutter. Although outdated, until now it's been very reliable.
The belt has started to throw teeth & now the head comes to a grinding halt half way across the carriage, with error: Scan Motor Error code: 0400 0400.
I've been in touch with our tech guy (based in Brisbane) who's attempted to order another one through Roland Sydney. They have to order from Japan and it'll take 50 days, if they have one in stock.
A fitter turner mate recommended going to Allied bearings & we did, but their belts haven't got the right amount of teeth.
Has anybody managed to source a suitable replacement belt from anywhere or does anyone happen to have an old machine sitting around we could buy the belt off just as an interim until the new one arrives?
Thanks from Suzy

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I would go to CBC Bearings. Take the belt in and they'll have a look at it and try find the right replacement. Alternatively, find another belt company. there's a few.

snuzzy

I would go to CBC Bearings. Take the belt in and they'll have a look at it and try find the right replacement. Alternatively, find another belt company. there's a few.
Hi Pauly,the belt's still connected but I've got detailed photo's. There's no CBC Bearings in Cairns, but I did go to BSC bearings & they're looking into it. Thanks!

Ready

Ready To Go
Hi! We've got a Roland VP540i printer / cutter. Although outdated, until now it's been very reliable.
The belt has started to throw teeth & now the head comes to a grinding halt half way across the carriage, with error: Scan Motor Error code: 0400 0400.
I've been in touch with our tech guy (based in Brisbane) who's attempted to order another one through Roland Sydney. They have to order from Japan and it'll take 50 days, if they have one in stock.
A fitter turner mate recommended going to Allied bearings & we did, but their belts haven't got the right amount of teeth.
Has anybody managed to source a suitable replacement belt from anywhere or does anyone happen to have an old machine sitting around we could buy the belt off just as an interim until the new one arrives?
Thanks from Suzy
Try this company...

Bob P