• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roll media wrinkles on the side even with vacuum on?

signs_welly

Currently flying by the seat of my pants
We have an LEC2-640 and it's vacuum was holding down Oracal 3640 right off the roll great but now all of the media we roll onto it gets extremely wrinkled all down the sides. We've tried taping it down but then the wrinkles just move towards the middle of the media. Anyone have any ideas what we could do?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I'd contact your supplier and advise them of what's going on, they might send you a replacement roll.

JBurton

Signtologist
How long has it been between your initial experience and the appearance of the wavey edges? Sounds to me like the material has absorbed humidity. How was the material stored, controlled humidity and temperature?

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
I also find wrinkled media problems come from to much humidity or temperature fluctuations. Paper backed roll stock should be kept at a consistent temperature.

signs_welly

Currently flying by the seat of my pants
I also find wrinkled media problems come from to much humidity or temperature fluctuations. Paper backed roll stock should be kept at a consistent temperature.
It was humidity related. It was delivered about 2 hours before anyone got to the shop and sat in Florida's weather.