• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sand Blasting Granite---Play Time

zmatalucci

Here's a piece I was playing with today. It's 12" wide by 24" tall, and is quarried in Barre,VT. I use aluminum oxide as my blasting media, and a large 185 cfm air compressor to run my various blast pots. There are no paints or stains involved.

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 131

sardocs

That is really cool. I particularly like the way you softened some of the parts of the design. I'm guessing you just removed some masking partway through the process. I just bought a used 210 cfm compressor to replace the electric one we've used for the last 15 years. I've only got one of those small one bag pressure pots. I blasted some marble once or twice but mostly just cedar. What do you use for breathable air?

Jillbeans

I want one on my tombstone.
:)
That's gorgeous.
(actually I want a skull and an hourglass on my tombstone like the old ones I've seen in the UK)
Nice work.
Love....Jill