• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Sand Carving

EZ Ink

Looking for a vendor in California that sell the 220 grain Silcon Carb used for sandblasting. Also open to other suggestions. I am new to sand carving. Thanks.

Glenn Combs
E-Z Ink Promotions
Brentwood, CA

rjssigns

Had our local monument shop do the blasting. They used something called stone blast. Project turned out great.

May want to check into the health risks associated with whatever media you choose. I have a small glass bead cabinet in the shop that I switched over to Black Blast. Glass beads can cause silicosis when inhaled.

EZ Ink

Thanks for your assistance. Just got the silicone carbide from Ikonics, so started working with their Rapid Mask. So far not having much luck. But will keep trying

Z SIGNS

It's not rocket science but there is a little more to sandblasting than selecting the blast media you use.

The blast media you use depends on what your blasting.Different media for different substrates.If your hitting foam one media if your hitting wood another media,if you doing glass etc.You might need to do some trial and error to find out what works best for you and the equip you have.

Then there is understanding resist mask technique.

Then there is understanding the equipment needed the different tips etc. for whatever media you are using and it's maintenance thereof.