• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sandwich board sign

SignManiac

I put this together last week. It's direct printed on our UV flatbed onto 1/2" PVC, then cut on the router table. Took one 4'x8' sheet to do, a 3' length of stainless piano hinge and a light chain for the legs. Only takes about an hour to make one of these. Customer liked it a lot!

Attachments

• CIMG3528.JPG
    CIMG3528.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 105

Si Allen

Hey maniac, don't give up ... you are finally getting the hang of it!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jiarby

4x8 sheet of what? Primed & Painted MDO? Omega? How thick? *** AACK@! just saw that he said PVC! Will that last oustide?
Do you do anything to protect the printed surface? Lam? Clear coat?

I like the idea of custom A-Frames... then when some one steals it for their garage sale you can spot the distinctive shape. We have to buy premade ones, so they are all the same. You can't tell one from another after they peel the print off.

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

How do you keep the 1/2" PVC from warping? We made a bunch of 2'x3' a-frames a couple of years ago and in just a couple of months they were sagging in the center.

SignManiac

Never had a problem with sagging Pat. The chains limit how far apart they can be spread open. The 1/2" PVC seems to be stout enough.

Jarby, we sprayed some water based clear coat on it for some added protection.

Jillbeans

Bob I dread saying this to you but I really hate those colors!
Is the lighthouse really red in real life?
Other than that it's a nice idea and a fine sign.
I'd worry about the PVC here, but it would be nice to have a sturdy yet lightweight A-frame sign.
Love....Jill

SignManiac

Jill the lighthouse really is red. I took the photo of it myself when I went to Ponce inlet last year.

Attachments

• ponce lighthouse.jpg
    ponce lighthouse.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 99

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks good to me.
Sounds like you have the right tools to do what you need to do quickly.

wayne k
guam usa

(I don't see any sandwiches in the photo - are they in the layout on the backside?)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Looks good to me.

(I don't see any sandwiches in the photo - are they in the layout on the backside?)

Sandwich is the style of sign. Think of two slices of bread hinged at the top. In the good old days, some willing chap would wear one on their body and walk about the streets hollering out some sort of advertisement. In other words he would be "sandwiched" between both sides...hence the name.

Attachments

• Sign.jpg
    Sign.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 97

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sandwich is the style of sign. Think of two slices of bread hinged at the top. In the good old days, some willing chap would wear one on their body and walk about the streets hollering out some sort of advertisement. In other words he would be "sandwiched" between both sides...hence the name.

Hehe,
yeah I knew that.....
:thumb:

wayne k
guam usa

SignManiac

The truth is, I designed this as an upright display with two opposing identification surfaces at 60 degree angles.