• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Santa just left my shop

tsgstl

Every year we go to Van Maur to get my sons picture taken with Santa. We were eating lunch and who pops in? The jolly old elf, that's who. He said that Missouri is not letting him fly his sleigh and reindeer across town on any other night but Xmas eve so we need to make him magnets for his truck. Such a nice guy, he spent an hour (way to much time but it was freaking Santa) telling us the ends and outs of the trade. HO HO HO

Attachments

• santa.jpg
    santa.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 61

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nah, he looks more like an overweight ZZ Top refugee........... :ROFLMAO:

ProWraps

last cruise i went on the entire fraternal order of real bearded santas was aboard. this guy is probably a member.

John Butto

You should have put a bottle of coca cola in his hand for the pic, he looks like a poster. Thanks, that put a smile on my face to see him in April.

tsgstl

its funny he is also on a billboard about a mile away for McDonalds holding a fish fillet. Not sure if it is local or not but he looks like a rugged fisherman guy. They paid him $300 for a couple hours holding a crumpled up glob of duct tape. I guess they photo-shopped the fish sammy.
He didn't say how much he gets from Van Maur but he said it was stupid money, he is the most popular santa in our area outside of St. Louis. But he did say that the malls pay jack, he said they pay around $15 a hour 10 hour days 7 days a week.
He said he was in Vietnam and miserable until his buddy talked him in to putting the suit on 4 years ago. It changed his life and he is happy all year long. Never makes it through a dinner out without kids running up to him. We have waited 2-3 hours to see him and he never fails to say something to my son that sticks with him. This year he told him that he noticed he wasn't always picking up his toys. My son has repeated this as he is picking up his toys now. You could see the twinkle in his eyes when me and my wife told him how much we enjoy seeing him every year.
Unfortunately santa doesn't suffer from male pattern baldness so I don't think I will be so lucky.

John Butto

Ask him why I never got a red rider bb gun. I put it on my list every year.

"Because it will put your eye out".