• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC-540 Printhead swap without changing ranking?

SignJose

Hello!

We have an issue with one of our printheads. We have a Roland SC-540 and I'm pretty sure the cyan head is damaged. I've spent a long time looking through the forums and can't really find the answer to my question: Can I just swap the Lc printhead with the Cyan one? I don't have the ranking numbers for the printheads.

I've seen some vague references from some people who apparently do it all the time with no issues. Others say that it will fry the transistors or even the motherboard. Closest thing I've read is some people swap the ribbon cables all the time from one printhead to another to troubleshoot them. To me that's just like swapping the printheads but before doing anything stupid I wanted to ask if someone has done it and what are the risks.

Thanks a bunch!

ToTo

Professional Support
If youre going changing the head rank the old ones are visible. Wright them down. They are for head voltage und puls Timing. You wont frie your Mainboard with wrong values, but for drop sizes and Timing alignment it is better to have the right values. Also you will find the head rank on sticker on the manifold (black plastic part).
Or you use peck.exe to download and save the configuration including head rank .