• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scanning in Corel X6

Hello,
I recently upgraded my computer from Windows XP to Windows 7 64 bit with Corel X6. I haven't had to scan anything for a while and I just went to scan a image but when I go to "Acquire Image" the options are grayed out so I can't select them.

I'm sure it's just a setting somewhere.
Any Ideas?

Thanks

J Hill Designs

I am reading that alot of scanners don't have 64bit drivers yet. is your scanner drivers up to date and 64bit compatible? If not I think you have to install x6 side by side as 32bit as well, scan in that version, save, and reopen in 64bit version to harness that power

I am reading that alot of scanners don't have 64bit drivers yet. is your scanner drivers up to date and 64bit compatible? If not I think you have to install x6 side by side as 32bit as well, scan in that version, save, and reopen in 64bit version to harness that power

Yeah, I'm thinking that is what the issue is. It's an "All in one" Hp desk top printer/scanner and I can scan from the printer and it saves a file in a folder but I can't scan directly from Corel.
I just saw this: http://www.softbotz.com/wia/

Maybe that's worth a try or just wait for driver updates.

Thanks!