• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screws For Dx4 Head Plate

Charly L

I stripped a screw or 2 working on my sc 540. Does anyone happen to know the size of the screws that hold the head plate to the head and the ones that hold the head/head plate to the printer. Trying to get them locally so I can install my heads today. Thanks for all the help guys. :)

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
They're the small ones -;).
Take what you have to a good hardware store (aka: NOT a big box store) and show them to your helpful hardware man. They should be able to get you set up. Let him know that they're metric to start with.

equippaint

I had the same problem and never could find the screws. To save you a couple trips, home depot and radioshack dont have them. Possibly fastenal but Id have a backup order coming from the dealer. If its just the head, cut a slit in the top and use a flat instead of a philips.

Hey Charly L,

The screws holding the head plate to the head are 2mm x 8mm. The Roland part number is 31679902, but they're only sold in a pack of 100 (about $10 bucks).

The screws holding the head plate to the carriage assembly size description is "PAN M2.3*8NI". The Roland part number is 31089121. They're also sold in a pack of 100 (about $17 bucks).

You could search Google for the parts, but to be sure you're really going to get the correct screws, it's recommended that you call your Roland dealer to order what you need.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Charly L

Thanks for the help. I found them at grainger. But they were 2.5 by 8mm. I got them all in SS which for the carriage is going to be necessary.

Roland Member RN, can I get the from you locally. I'm in Chicago and would rather have them exact 2.3mm by 8mm. Don't mind buying 100.

equippaint

Use the right sized philips, stainless is soft and will strip out again and make your manual adjustment a real pita. Dont over tighten them too, I have 1 hole stripped in the baseplate for the head, it holds alignment fine but anytime its out of whack I worry that the head may have shifted. Its not a ton of fun doing manual head adjustments, especially with stripped screws. Someone correct me if Im wrong, but if youre replacing the black head, you can align that rather than the yellow then you dont have to worry about wrecking the screws on the head that you didnt replace. Thats assuming its a dx4 black/cyan replacement. The manual says to align using the yellow/mag head with a head replacement iirc but instructions are for chumps.

Charly L

So i got 2.5m x 8. The difference is so small I think they would work. But i'm going to wait for 2.3. Equippaint you may want to try 2.5 for the stripped hole in the carriage.

Charly L

I'm starting with Magenta & Yellow, testing then moving on to light magenta. Right now I have 2 out red & magenta. Black may need to be replaced but it's like 60% unclogged so i'm hoping I can get it back to 100%. Definitely nervous about alignment though. I do have the service manual though.

Thanks for the help. I found them at grainger. But they were 2.5 by 8mm. I got them all in SS which for the carriage is going to be necessary.

Roland Member RN, can I get the from you locally. I'm in Chicago and would rather have them exact 2.3mm by 8mm. Don't mind buying 100.

Hey Charly L,

It's likely faster if you call your Roland dealer to get them (and they may be local to you). If not, then you can order them from our customer services department at 800-542-2307.

Take care,
rn