• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Selling used large format equipment?

Brian Tickenoff

I'm kinda poking around with the idea of trying to offload our Vutek 5r+ but really have no idea where to start.
I know there's a premium section here but I'm not a paid member (yet). I just dunno if there are companies out there who buy stuff like this to resell.... Maybe I can call our EFI sales rep and see if they have some sorta resale program for it.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I'm kinda poking around with the idea of trying to offload our Vutek 5r+ but really have no idea where to start.
I know there's a premium section here but I'm not a paid member (yet). I just dunno if there are companies out there who buy stuff like this to resell.... Maybe I can call our EFI sales rep and see if they have some sorta resale program for it.
EFI should have been your first call.

When you all are at the same table, I would be curious to learn who will be first to mention the notion whether or not such a beast of a machine should be removed from your local marketplace as a condition of resale, if any. Maybe somewhere at your place, there might be an actual retirement policy or strategy documented or recalled by someone about such machines and assets.

Last edited:

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
there are so many monster shops in your corner of the country I'd think you'd be able to unload it if it is a good deal.....Lithographics, Supercolor, Image Options, Platon, AAA Flag....talk to the distributors you buy from who deal with the big guys and offer them a few grand spiff if they can help you find a home for it. Moving those machines is half the battle, so if you can find a way to just get the unit on a flatbed truck and drive it down the 405 20 miles you'll be thousands ahead of shipping that unit somewhere else in the country.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
drive it down the 405 20 miles
I'm not sure if 2000 miles away would be far enough.

I did not notice the OP's location and certainly I don't have firsthand knowledge of their competitive stance. However, knowing the SoCal market as I do, my first recommendation is to keep the machine. Place a newer, better faster machine along side it if looking to upgrade. There are many reasons I know of and the OP is welcome to contact me backchannel.

Last edited: