• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Semi Permanent Vinyl On Correx?

AllTheMerch

Just a quick one

I have some corrugated plastic boards (correx) on order and wanted to get this vinyl that's rated as semi permanent.

I mentioned the board has flutes and it was suggested it probably wouldn't work well.

It really is a temporary solution for some road side sign board but if it doesn't apply well then the next permanent step up is double the price and on 50m is a lot.

Has anyone got experience with correx type stuff. I don't have in hand to know how 'bad' the divets are in the flutes....

Grafityp

Promo Self Adhesive​

• 70 Micron film
  • Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive
  • White siliconised kraft paper of 120 g/m²
  • No animal products used in any of our materials
  • Gloss and matt colours
  • Up to 4 years outdoor durability

many thanks

AllTheMerch

Yeah I wouldn't think it would fall off just they made out like it wouldn't adhere in the first places to the contours.

Should have mentioned it's 4mm flutes and it would be decal lettering say 12cm in height.

AllTheMerch

You'll be fine, even the easy remove stuff sticks well enough, usually "removable" means that when you remove it, it leaves as little adhesive behind as possible, not that it falls off (usually)

Yeah goes on just fine and super sticky. The slight ridges in the correx makes no difference :)

My only thing now and after doing 20x10 different lettering designs on these 1000mmx800mm boards with another 200plus to go it's just too slow and time consuming. Like all day and I only get maybe 50 done if that. I'm having to trim the boards which adds time too.

I'm thinking of just screen printing them.

Making a vinyl stencil for each one and a ghetto rig with some screen hinges I have. I should blast through 20 of each design. Thing is I don't know what type of ink I'll need. Looking online and a lot of America videos. Dubuit ink was one reccomendation. Air drys in 10 apparently, so I need a UK equivalent if anyone knows of something?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I hate to be pessimistic here, but that's going to be more work than it's worth.

Stick the vinyl or send the whole job to a wholesaler in your area.

Before we got into professional graphic screen printing, I tried this. It seems like it would work in theory, but it has a steep steep learning curve.

You end up with messy looking signs, hundreds of dollars in useless junk, and ink on your eyebrows. (this actually is what happened to me)

Inks

Yeah goes on just fine and super sticky. The slight ridges in the correx makes no difference :)

My only thing now and after doing 20x10 different lettering designs on these 1000mmx800mm boards with another 200plus to go it's just too slow and time consuming. Like all day and I only get maybe 50 done if that. I'm having to trim the boards which adds time too.

I'm thinking of just screen printing them.

Making a vinyl stencil for each one and a ghetto rig with some screen hinges I have. I should blast through 20 of each design. Thing is I don't know what type of ink I'll need. Looking online and a lot of America videos. Dubuit ink was one reccomendation. Air drys in 10 apparently, so I need a UK equivalent if anyone knows of something?
Fuji/Sericol manufactures screen inks in the UK