• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Serious Problem with AI CS6 64-bit

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
My installation of Illustrator CS6 64-bit is flat out dead. It will not launch. The 32-bit version still works. The 64-bit version will not launch regardless of restarting the computer or trying to launch the .exe file under the "run as administrator" command. I've tried searching for an aiprefs file to delete (and make Illustrator rebuild) as a means of solving the problem, but I can't find the file. So now I'm probably going to uninstall and download/reinstall (Creative Cloud thing) to see if that works.

This garbage started this morning when I was working with some customer provided artwork. It seems as if something was in the artwork Illustrator did not like one bit.

Edit: I found the aiprefs file and deleted it. Didn't do any good. Guess I'll have to uninstall, download and reinstall. :-\

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Went through the process of uninstalling, downloading and reinstalling Illustrator CS6. No dice.

Then I found out a worse problem: all my 64-bit CS6 apps are NOT working. The 32-bit versions run OK. Nothing on the 64-bit versions.

I'm running Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit and a new Dell XPS 8500 special edition that's pretty tricked out. It's now looking like I'm gonna have to do a factory reset to fix whatever has gone wrong.

xxaxx

That sucks ... I would imagine that something like that has to have a fix suggestion in their forums somewhere. Not sure if you can on Windows 8, but maybe you can try going to a restore point back before the issue started if that is available?

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Just tried backing up to a system restore point from 2 days ago. That didn't help. Probably going to have to nuke the OS and reinstall everything fresh.
:rolleyes: